|Service Level||Floating Support (Optional)|
|Resident Group||Mental Health|
Artillery Place is a three-story building with a total of 13 modern unfurnished flats. Each flat consists of a large bedroom, kitchen, living room and bathroom.
Artillery Place is an opportunity for vulnerable adults with mental health conditions who are living in a supported environment to move into independent living once they have sufficiently developed the necessary life skills to live independently without the need for regular support intervention.
Apax offers a comprehensive Floating Support Service for individuals who would like to receive support during their transition into independent living. Our floating support workers are specially trained to provide support and advice to independent adults in their own homes, and out in the community. Our aim is to encourage, empower and enable people to live independently and manage their own home successfully through a personalised approach to improve the residents’ quality of life, sustain a positive approach to living independently and reduce the risk of future homelessness or offending/re-offending and substance misuse.
The project aims to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and equally. We provide flats and support to those in need of living independently. Due to a limited number of flats we use an Admission Eligibility tool to underpin a fair system of allocating places based on priority support needs. This service is for:
- Single male or females who are 18 to 55 years of age.
- Adults with a primary diagnosis of mental health (some may have secondary diagnosis relating to light substance misuse).
- People with demonstrable skills to live independently.
- Applicants whose referrals are from community mental health teams, social services, any Borough Housing Options services or any agency working with people who fit the criteria.
- Individuals who are willing to adhere to the occupancy terms of private tenancy.
- Individuals who are entitled to and claiming Housing Benefit, welfare benefits and PIP with evidence of current entitlement letters from benefit agencies and also have the means to pay occupancy service charges.
- Individuals whose earnings are over £800.00 a month and demonstrate good budgeting skills.
Applicant Referral Forms should be accompanied by supporting documents such as a current risk assessment and CPA review which will assist in determining whether services can meet and support the requirements of potential residents. For referral enquiries please contact us.
Artillery Place is a three-story building with a total of 13 modern unfurnished flats. Each flat consists of a large bedroom, large living room, kitchen and a separate bathroom containing a shower. A separate communal coin-operated laundry is also made available for all residents to share. Residents are subject to Assured Shorthold Tenancy.
- Staffing: Access to telephone support from Monday to Friday, from 8.30am to 5pm throughout the year. Floating support worker visits the project once a week.
- Equality: The service gives full account to resident’s cultural and racial backgrounds and respects their privacy, dignity and special cultural needs.
- Local services: The project enjoys a close working relationship with local services such as mental health teams, treatment teams, emergency services, hospital and other services who are involved with their care and support provisions.
- Safety & Security: Health and safety visits may take place throughout the premises from time to time, which also gives the floating support worker the opportunity to provide additional support and encouragement.
- Facilities: Tenant is responsible for TV License, electricity, broadband service and Council Tax.
- Maintenance: Tenant is responsible for flat maintenance and repair of wear and tears. Building structural maintenance is the responsibility of the landlord.