At Apax, we like to provide high standards of accommodation for our residents. The high quality of our facilities and properties differentiate us and makes us quite unique within this sector. Our residents really do appreciate the lengths we go to, to make them feel comfortable and ‘at home’, as they embark on their journey of change.
Most of our accomodation are staffed 24 hours a day by support workers who are committed to providing a stable and secure environment for clients as they work with them to address their needs.
We provide high, medium and low support accommodation in order to cater for all resident groups who consist of vulnerable adults and struggle to live independently. Our services include self-contained bedsits and one-bedroom flats which are typically staffed 24 hours a day by support workers committed to provide a stable, safe and secure environment. Residents are provided encouragement and advice in relation to accessing services, a concierge-style service, supported living advice, guidance on where to access external living and life skills development opportunities, within a service which empowers by emphasizing independence, choice and self-motivation.
Each of Apax’s accommodation facilities provides clean and comfortable living for its residents. Whether it is a self-contained bedsit, studio or one-bedroom flat, our residents can be assured of safe and secure surroundings, and fully-equipped accommodation including CCTV with modern fixtures and fittings. Residents will each be provided with their own keys and will also be encouraged to involve themselves within the supportive, social community that exists uniquely within each accommodation facility.
Typically our ranges of support and care services include:
- Health & well-being: Assisting residents to start taking control over and to manage their physical or mental health by providing care and emotional support, help through tailored support plans, supervision of medication and encouragement to engage with appropriate external agencies. Encourage to live a healthy and fit life through healthy eating and exercise.
- Engaging with services: Help with keeping appointments and accessing external agencies such as local mental health services, primary health care services (General Practice), counselling, statutory services, social services, voluntary agencies, disability services or drug and alcohol teams.
- Managing tenancy: Supporting residents to accomplish the varied skills required to step down to a less supported environment such as personal hygiene, nutrition, budgeting, maintaining healthy living conditions, health and safety issues, any antisocial behaviour, complying with terms of the tenancy agreement and good neighbourhood relations.
- Resettlement support: Through collaborating with external agencies we are able to signpost residents and provide advice regarding private rent, housing associations and housing options in order to move on to independent accommodation.
- Maximising income: Advice to manage and understand welfare benefit, grants, Housing Benefit and other government benefits entitlements. Support with budgeting, debt management and paying bills or weekly service charge.
- Social networks & relationships: Cultivate the development of social skills and relationship building capacity with friends, family, professionals and the local community. Support tenants to resolve issues surrounding relationship breakdown with family or others.
- Living & life skills: Facilitating support and training to develop all appropriate practical and emotional life skills in order to confidently live independently such as cooking, shopping, problem-solving, managing risk, stress management, literacy, completing forms and IT skills.
- Education, training & employment: Promoting commitment to lifelong learning by supporting residents to get involved in education, in-house training courses and other training opportunities that could lead on to employment, work placements or voluntary work.
- Meaningful use of time: Encouragement to engage in meaningful activities and commit to personal development and pursue personal passions or hobbies and interests.